The project requires the student to work with people, organizations, or groups that he or she may not be in contact with regularly.
- Requires the student to identify and analyze different points of view to understand multiple perspectives.
- Develops the student's interpersonal, conflict resolution, and group decision-making skills.
- Results in complex thinking, by the student, about community problems and alternative solutions.
- Results in the student understanding and valuing the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of those offering and receiving service.
- Results in the student recognizing and overcoming stereotypes.