The project requires the student to reflect on the impact of the project on the community and him/herself.
- Demonstrates changes in the understanding, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the student.
- Engages the student in reflection before, during, and after the project.
- Results in deep and complex thinking about community problems and alternative solutions by the student.
- Explores the preconceptions and assumptions of the student as a means to understanding the student’s roles and responsibilities as citizens.
- Examines social and civic issues related to the project, as a means for the student to understand connections to public policy and civic life.