The 2020 Clothesline Sale is Canceled.
The Clothesline Sale is a cherished tradition at Sewickley Academy that not only serves the school through the significant funds raised but also provides a service to the greater community. However, in order to protect our students, faculty, and staff, as well as our neighbors during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Clothesline Sale Committee has decided to cancel the 2020 Clothesline Sale. This was a difficult decision, but it was the right one and plan to see you at the Clothesline Sale in 2021.
The Clothesline Sale is made possible by donations from Sewickley Academy families, alumni, and the surrounding communities. It is staffed entirely by volunteers, who generously offer their time - over 2,500 hours - and resources during the month of September to transform the Snyder Gym into a giant used clothing sale.
The sale is a fundraiser for the Academy and also a great resource to residents of our local communities.
In the community, the Clothesline Sale made donations to:
In addition, due to connected community members, others beyond our local borders were able to benefit from the Clothesline Sale:
- St. Louis inner city school clothing closet
- African communities in Mali, West Africa
For Sewickley Academy, the Clothesline and Used Book Sale generated over $110,000 in September 2019 that is enabling us to fund:
Grants for Innovative Frameworks in Teaching (G.I.F.T. Program) to support our teachers in capturing opportunities for innovative and interdisciplinary projects that come up throughout the school year
Faculty and Staff Appreciation
- The Above and Beyond Program that grants requests from parents, students, faculty, staff, and administration of the Sewickley Academy community to improve the school in the following areas: productivity, faculty enrichment, student educational enhancement, student wellness and community
- Ping Pong Tables - two for the Middle School
- Playsilks - three sets of silks for learning about rhythm
- Flex-Space Comfy Floor Seats - 18 chairs
- State-of-the-Art Music Production Equipment - one computer, audio software, USB interface, and a backpack
- Playstands - three for Early Childhood
- VR Headsets - nine sets
- Original Step and Storage Units - 20 steps with four risers each and storage rack for PE classes
- Chorus Room Sound System - new sound system in the chorus room
- Yearbook Cameras - eight digital cameras
- "Nate the Great" and "Amelia" Books - additional and replacement books for Grade 1 classrooms
- Maslow CNC Router Kit - one CNC Router