The Clothesline Sale is made possible by donations from Sewickley Academy families, alumni, and the surrounding communities. It is staffed entirely by volunteers, who generously offer their time - over 3,000 hours - and resources during the month of September to transform the Snyder Gym into a giant used clothing sale.
The sale is a fundraiser for the Academy and also a great resource to residents of our local communities.
In the community, the Clothesline Sale made donations to:
- the Cranberry Presbyterian Church, Center For Hope in Ambridge, and over 100 bags of clothing to a charity of our choice
- the Reach Out and Read Program, to restock book shelves in local family health center playrooms
- Hugs for Heroes to support an SA Early Childhood project (books)
- our Senior School students to support some of their projects (clothing)
- young men in African villages (clothing)
For Sewickley Academy, the Clothesline and Used Book Sale raised over $91,000 in September 2016 that is enabling us to fund:
- Construction of the Maker Space/Innovation Lab
- Equipment for the science department to allow our school telescope to be transportable and provide outdoor classroom and observation experiences
- $50,000 donation to the construction of the new Events Center and be part of supporting this milestone in our school’s history
- Grants for Innovative Frameworks in Teaching (G.I.F.T. Program) to support our teachers in capturing opportunities for innovative and interdisciplinary projects that come up throughout the school year