The Clothesline Sale is made possible by donations from Sewickley Academy families, alumni, and the surrounding communities. It is staffed entirely by volunteers, who generously offer their time - over 3,000 hours - and resources during the month of September to transform the Means Alumni Gym into a giant used clothing sale.
The sale is a fundraiser for the Academy and also a great service to residents of our local communities.
In the community, the Clothesline Sale:
- donates over 160 bags of clothing to Goodwill.
- provides local families with clothing at a low cost. Many families look forward to this sale every year.
- donates clothing to the Cranberry Presbyterian Church Closet Classic Sale, which provides free clothing to foster families in need.
- adds books to the library/cafe at the New Hope Church in Ambridge.
For the Academy, the $111,355 raised during last year's sale provided:
- iPads for faculty
- the new Design Lab in the Senior School
- Instruments for the music department
- Robotics equipment
- Water filling stations for the Middle and Senior Schools