A Community of Respect
All members of the Sewickley Academy community - students, parents, faculty and staff - are expected to be familiar with, and adhere to, the following basic guidelines of behavior at school.
The most essential standard of appropriate behavior is that all members of the community will treat one another with kindness, honor, and respect in all situations. In everything we do, we will:
Demonstrate Self-Respect by:
- Striving to reach our potential in all areas including academics, extracurricular activities, and citizenship.
- Taking pride in our behavior and appearance.
- Focusing on our health and safety when making choices.
Respect Others by:
- Helping to create an environment of encouragement and support within the school community.
- Listening with consideration to the opinions and ideas of others in the community even when they are different from our own.
- Respecting the privacy and property of others in the community.
Respect Sewickley Academy by:
- Adhering to the rules of the Academy at all times.
- Maintaining the grounds and facilities by cleaning up after others and ourselves when necessary.
- Being a positive, honorable representative for the Academy in all endeavors and at all times.