Clothesline/Used Book Sale
The Clothesline Sale is made possible by donations from Sewickley Academy families, alumni, and the surrounding communities. It is staffed entirely by volunteers, who generously offer their time - over 3,000 hours - and resources during the month of September to transform the Means Alumni Gym into a giant used clothing sale.
The sale is a fundraiser for the Academy and also a great service to residents of our local communities.
In the community, the Clothesline Sale:
- donates over 160 bags of clothing to Goodwill.
- provides local families with clothing at a low cost. Many families look forward to this sale every year.
- donates clothing to the Cranberry Presbyterian Church Closet Classic Sale, which provides free clothing to foster families in need.
- adds books to the library/cafe at the New Hope Church in Ambridge.
For the Academy, the $111,355 raised during last year's sale provided:
- iPads for faculty
- the new Design Lab in the Senior School
- Instruments for the music department
- Robotics equipment
- Water filling stations for the Middle and Senior Schools
Volunteer for the Clothesline Sale
Please consider being a volunteer for the Clothesline Sale ... by doing so you will become a part of the tradition of giving in our community!
We need all Sewickley Academy families to help, and there are three main ways for you to contribute: (1) donate items for the sale, (2) donate your time, and/or (3) donate food and drinks for the volunteers.