Clothesline/Used Book Sale
The Home and School Association's 60th Annual Clothesline Sale had another banner year with $111,269 raised for the school!
The sale is made possible by donations from Sewickley Academy families, alumni, and the surrounding communities. It is staffed entirely by volunteers, who generously offer their time and resources during the month of September to transform the Means Alumni Gym into a giant used clothing sale. After the sale, any clothing that is left over is donated to a variety of charitable organizations.
We need all Sewickley Academy families to help, and there are three main ways for you to contribute: (1) donate items for the sale, (2) donate your time, and/or (3) donate food and drinks for the volunteers.
Top 10 Reasons to Volunteer at SA's annual Clothesline Sale!
10. If you work 16+ hours, you get to shop early and be honored at a special luncheon.
9. Because you are helping the sale, your spouse will realize how much you really do for the family and appreciate you more. (There may even be gifts involved!)
8. You have a natural talent for sorting and tagging.
7. You would miss the frantic emails from Becca Schneider, volunteer coordinator, saying "WE NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS!"
6. You've heard the sale's red aprons make you look 10 pounds lighter and 10 years younger! The new purple ones double that!
5. Time with you family is overrated. (Just kidding!)
4. You get to scope out all the "good" stuff that comes in before everyone else does.
3. You are just hoping that Cynthia Ligo, an SA mom with great culinary skills, will bring lunch for the volunteers again!
2. Because only the really COOL people do it!
1. You would get to be part of an awesome group of volunteers who in 2013 helped raise $111,269 for the school!
If you have never experienced the process of working the sale or have never shopped at the sale, it is truly something you will want to do this year!